For those of you struggling with the desire to wear a fall essential like a chunky cable knit or your cutest pair of booties but fear the severe sweat stains you’ll face, you are not alone. San Diego is notorious for having longer summers and practically no fall so while the majority of the country is cozying up in fall gear, we’re still rocking our sandals and summer dresses.
Last spring, I purged a good amount of stuff from my wardrobe, I had a ton of sweaters that were so old and tattered that they were definitely on their last leg. We don’t wear sweaters too often here in San Diego so getting rid of them is tough but buying new sweaters is even tougher. I also purged a ton of jeans… my body fluctuates a ton and I realized I was holding on to jeans from college because “just in case” I lose the weight or “just in case” I gain weight again. That simply wasn’t serving me and my ‘track to become healthy’ so it was time for them all to go!
I added a few new things to my wardrobe during the Nordstrom Sale last month and now during ShopBop’s sale! I grabbed a lot of summer-to-fall things because we will be in the high 70’s well into December so I think I’ll be layering a ton this season with cardigans and sweater coats! I also really love to pair sandals with sweaters, I know, it’s a So-Cal thing but it really does give off a laid back vibe! Cozy, cool, and ready for the beach!
- I’m obsessed with these jeans. I saw them on one of my favorite bloggers who is tall and skinny, the polar opposite of me so I was skeptical but y’all! They fit so great and are so soft! They give the vintage jean feeling of Levi’s without the stiffness! I may buy another pair to have on hand haha!
- These mules are perfect for transitioning into fall. I’m a rule breaker so white after labor day is totally okay in my opinion!
- This sweater dress is a splurge but one I can promise you will wear on repeat through winter and spring for years to come!
- You will not want to take this sweater coat off! Reviews said it was itchy but I just got mine in the mail and I don’t agree!
- These casual tennis shoes will carry you from leggings and a sweater to spring dresses! These are an all season shoe so a great investment!
- This cozy sweater will look amazing at Thanksgiving dinner and the price point is amazing for the brand and quality! Just don’t spill the red wine!
Those are a few of my finds for transitioning into fall with your ‘mom’ style wardrobe. When shopping, I look for things that are comfy and easy to dart after a running three year old! I also like to be ready for anything, from the beach to a dinner date even though those are rare, it’s nice to be prepared!
If you haven’t heard yet, ShopBop is having a stock up sale so now is the time to snag a few of those cozy knits and booties for you to wear when the weather finally cools off in your neck of the woods. I love shopbop and bonus, if you have an amazon prime account, your order ships free no matter how much you spend!